Basement Waterproofing For New And Existing Basements In Lancashire, Cumbria And The North West
Basement Waterproofing Solutions Ltd uses a wide range of waterproofing methods. We have many happy customers in Lancashire and across the North West of England.
For more information, contact our team of expert professionals.
Internal And External Waterproofing
Basement Waterproofing Solutions Ltd. provides both internal and external waterproofing solutions tailored to your specific requirements; we engineer a bespoke solution for each of our clients’ creating habitable spaces that will add value to your property.
Measures To Prevent Water Ingress Include:
So what is waterproofing?
Waterproofing is different to Damp Proofing, how so?
Damp proof on the other hand refers to resistance to humidity or dampness. Damp proofing is a general term that covers methods and treatments used to prevent damp from being absorbed through walls or floors into the interior of a structure above ground.
There are 3 types of waterproofing, Type A, Type B and Type C.
Type A (Barrier) Protection
Barrier protection is a highly effective method of waterproofing.
Type B Protection
The quality and effectiveness of this solution relies heavily on the design, materials, as well as the quality of the workmanship. The pattern of any seepage encountered is often associated with poor joints, cracks or other discontinuities such as service penetrations.
Type C (Drained) Protection
Cavity Drain Membranes are studded on the external facing surface, allowing any water that penetrates the structure to flow into designed drainage channels. The drainage channels carry any water ingress to either a sump and pump chamber or away from the structure if passive drainage is possible.
An example of Type C solutions would be;
– Installing basement floor drainage
– Applying a structural waterproofing membrane to the walls, floor and ceiling.
– Installation of sump pumps.
Type C waterproofing is defined by the British Standards Institute (BSI) code of practice BS8102:2009, upon the sign off of all projects clients will be issued with certificates and guarantees in line with this code of practice.
We at Basement Waterproofing Solutions Ltd. hold our work to the highest standards; we do not aim to just meet this standard but surpass it and provide all our clients with a new space that they will be able to enjoy for years to come.
What we will do for you
1. The team will visit your property to conduct a full assessment of your basement/cellar/underground space at a convenient time to you.
2. The team will discuss with you the intended uses of the new space, this will help us gain a better understanding of the future requirements and therefore provide the best solution possible.
3. The team will then run through the entire solution with you step by step. Our clients are at the heart of everything we keep you informed at every stage.